Bali!

October 4

Bali was nothing short of amazing! Bali is one of the most beautiful islands in Indonesia, with lots of diverse, friendly people, amazing white sand beaches, great sights, and delectable food. Since we had a week off from school for fall break, I decided this would be a great time to take another vacation. After taking the weekend to get ahead on classwork, Dede (UK exchange student), Isabelle (German exchange student) and I set off for five days in Indonesia.

During the time in Bali I had quite a few firsts. This was my first time learning about the offerings that people place on the street that include flowers, money, perfume, grass, candies, and other small trinkets to show appreciation. This was also my first time parasailing, jet skiing, and snorkeling. This was my first time being a millionaire. This was also the first time riding on the back of a motorcycle.

In Kuta, we tried many new foods and met amazing people! My favorite food from Bali was Mee Goreng, which is a fried noodle dish with veggies and meat of your choice. I am not sure what the sauce was but it was amazing.This was the very touristy area of Bali and you could tell because everything was slightly more expensive in this area. The beach was absolutely breathtaking and I could not have felt more grateful and relaxed.

In Seminyak, there was a less mobile vibe and one could really relax. I was able to use my Chinese skills here because there were so many Chinese people living on our floor of the hotel. They were friendly but they spoke very little english. By the end of the conversation we agreed that to hire a driver for the following day and drive across the island to do water sports. The following day, we traveled to Ubud and got a culture overload as we visited temples, the monkey forest, art museums, and saw more sights.


Jet Skiing in Bali
Watersports!

Mee Goreng
Religious Offering
Bali Bomb Memorial, Kuta